The International Guild of Realism
For the advancement of Realism in Fine Art
Since marketing and promotional training are missing in most art education programs, the International Guild of Realism provides its members with personalized marketing counseling by email all year round, focusing on each artist’s main queries. Marketing is key to supporting sales and creating a reputation. Promotional campaigns are vital to building greater name recognition, which leads directly to a larger potential collector base.
Unfortunately, most artists rely solely on their galleries to publicize their artworks. This creates gaps in any promotional campaign when there's a long lull between exhibitions. Research has shown that a potential collector (or any consumer, for that matter) needs at least 3.2 annual exposures to the artist's creative work before the name and signature style begins to make a lasting impression.
For example, members have asked about:
The Guild is now offering web pages for our members. A web page is an excellent idea for those interested in having an Internet presence with increased market exposure through Guild association. Member web pages consist of six images of artwork, additional information about the artist, links to other websites and the artist's contact information. The Guild website receives a lot of traffic, and is known to attract influential visitors such as museum curators, art gallery directors, and high-level art collectors.
For page design click
here for example. All the members pages will be made in this design, no exceptions.
|What are the costs for displaying your art on realismguild.com?||
The cost for this excellent marketing tool is $125 initially, then $50 annually. This fee includes page design, publishing, and hosting for the duration of one year.
|What should I submit in order to set up a personal Realism Guild member page?||1) Send in your choice of 6 images that represent your body of work.
2) A list of all submitted works, including any information you wish to appear with the image, such as:
- Title of the work
- Price (optional)
- Brief description of the work (optional)
3) Your artist's résumé or biography (optional).
4) Artist's statement (optional).
5) Personal or other website link(s). Please always double check the spelling of the URLs you send us. Web links will be reviewed by the Guild for content approval. Inappropriate links will be rejected.
6) Contact information that you wish to display on your website, such as address, phone numbers, email address.
7) Awards (optional).
8) A check made payable to the International Guild of Realism for $125 US dollars. Any payments are not refundable under any circumstances. You may add the amount to your Membership dues, if convenient.
9) A self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your materials, if desirable.
|Where do I send the materials for my personal web page?||
We prefer to receive all the information by email, but sending us a CD with images by snail mail is also an option. If you need to send your information on CD, please email us for instructions.
|What are the image guidelines?||Images sent should accurately represent your artwork. They should be sharply focused, undistorted images with true color.
Well-lit, even exposure is crucial. Please photograph your artwork without any frames. Frames often cast shadows on your work. We strongly advise the artist to invest in having professional photographs taken of the art work.
|Is there any other important information I should know?||
The International Guild of Realism does not exhibit or include works which are mass produced. Limited edition prints that are signed and numbered are allowed to be shown on the member webpage (but are not allowed to enter in our juried exhibitions).
|If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
Copyright © 2005 - The International Guild of Realism